The Big Hog Roast Event
So we can provide the most succulent and tender hog roasts possible, we roast the pig for ten hours. This produces 'pulled pork' which literally falls off the bone and the crackling is also as good as it gets!
View our customers recommendations (yes, real people!) who all praise our fantastic hog roast.
Because we roast our hogs for twice as long as most other caterers, it would be impractical to cook from start on site so we start spit roasting at our premises then transport the roasting hog in the oven to the event where it continues roasting until serving.
This process is also much less intrusive because we do not need all day access however the guests still experience the unique sight and aroma of roasting hog.
Due to the use of a top quality marquee, the hog roast experience can still be guaranteed if it rains. The hog can be roasted outside then taken indoors for serving.
It is important that you let us have an accurate guest number so that a suitable hog can be provided to ensure that all your guests are well fed.
200gms of meat per person is ample. A typical hog of 55kgs provides about 65% of delicious meat or about 35.75 kilos which is around 357gms for an event of a hundred guests, ensuring lots of seconds!
- We start spit roasting the hog at our premises at least 8-10 hours before serving time.
- We transport the hog in the hot mobile spit roast oven to the event arriving 2 hours before serving.
- The hog continues to roast on site while we set up our 3 x 3 metre marque and catering equipment.
- Salads etc if ordered, the baps, hot stuffing balls, crackling, apple sauce and disposables are prepared on the serving table.
- About 30 minutes before serving, the hog is lifted on to the carving arms and chef starts carving the hog into the hot trays.
- The server starts serving the guests at the required time.
- Any food not eaten will be left for the client's use therefore the client will need to provide suitable containers.
- When service has ended, we clean the immediate area and pack away the equipment leaving you to enjoy your event.